Tuesday, March 10, 2009

So, after not being really happy to my solution to this problem, I decided to try something different but still focusing on the topic of shaving.

So I branched off from this information I found about the manipulation of women into shaving their armpits and legs and took more of an anti-ad approach. Also, I wanted to utilize the screen printing process in a different way than printing onto paper, because I can do that easily through my printer- I wanted to print onto a more interesting material.

So, the rejection of manipulation imposed by advertising.
my new idea:

girls who do not conform to this now societal norm are making a bold statement, so I wanted my project to be bold too- but want to also incorporate some of the information I learned through my research process.
Kind of like in the 60s when some women rejected shaving during the Hippie movement, this is like a 2009 graphic-T version of the same rebellion.
Here is what I came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment